Pages

Friday, November 6, 2015

SCBWI Insight Write This -- November

A few words before I post my November entry. (Which didn't make the top twelve, but after last month, I shouldn't be greedy, should I?)

Going forward, my plan each month is to continue posting a short piece, 50 words or less in length, that a writing prompt has inspired. What's changing is that I've decided to branch out from the Insight's "Write This" feature. I've been pinning writing prompts, inspiring illustrations, and character galleries at Pinterest for a couple of months now and think it's time to start utilizing this resource.

Want to join in? When I post my piece, I will include a link to the pin that inspired it. If the same prompt inspires you, I'd love to have you share it by posting a link or the piece itself in my piece's comment field. I think it will be quite interesting to see how one prompt can send multiple minds off in totally different directions.


The November prompt was: a stranger enters . . .


Miss Kittycat smelled trouble when the flea-bitten mongrel pushed through the swinging doors.  

Then Marshal Mutt Dillon walked in.  His big body leaned against the bar.

“Buy you a sodie pop, mister?”

A growl twisted the stranger’s lips.

“Drop the pleasantries, Marshal. I’ve got a bone to pick with you.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment