Pages

Friday, January 29, 2021

JANUARY 2021 - To Free A Muse: A Haiku Series

 I didn't think I would be posting this month--my muse was still on hiatus. Then today's post for Tara Lazar's Storystorm 2021 gave me the KITA I needed. You can read that post here: Amanda Davis Storystorm Post  

 

Where are the needed

Words that sing what’s in my soul?

Gone fishing, I think.

 

I sit and ponder

But the well has stagnated,

Ideas now mud.

 

Can gloom be cast off? 

Despondency scraped away?

A muse unshackled?

 

Divine a fresh well.

Massage your muse with new prompts.

Indulge inquiry.

 

Capture those rambles,

Leave no feral thought untapped.

Feel the words flowing.

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I was inspired by that post, too, and have been writing haiku this afternnoon. Yours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Annette. I'd love to read yours if you don't mind sharing.

    ReplyDelete